Terms and Conditions for Stallholders
• The Producers’ Market will run for two days – Saturday 7th September: 10am to 5pm, and Sunday 8th September: 10am to 4pm, The Street Food Festival can run from 10am to 11pm on the Saturday and 10am until 5pm on the Sunday
• The charge for a stall in the Producers Market is £138 (+ £25 for electric) for the two days and the external Street Food pitches are £250. If you are a returning stallholder Full Payment must accompany the attached booking form. A £10 discount is available to Slow Food members. This year we allocate stall pitches on ‘first paid basis’ except for those requiring electric / shade. If you are applying for the first time as a stallholder please send your application form only at this stage
• Stalls may only sell the items listed on their application forms and the Festival Committee reserve the right to ask the stallholder to remove any other items. Stall holders breaking this rule will be asked to leave the Festival.
• Market stalls measuring 8 x 3 feet will be provided by the Festival organisers for the Producers Market. It is the Producers’ responsibility to ensure the stalls are not damaged or misused during the weekend.
• All producers attending the Food Festival are asked to provide samples of their wares as “tasters”.
• All stalls should be ready, looking good and staffed from 10.00am until closing time on both days. All vehicles must be removed from the parade ground by 9.30am and will not be allowed to return until the last member of the public has left the parade ground each day.
• Stall holders must keep their immediate area tidy and free from rubbish. All rubbish must be removed from the site at the end of each day. PLEASE comply with this in 2019. Last year we had a number of stallholders leaving rubbish for us to dispose of … a bit unfair !!
• Stall holders and their staff are prohibited from smoking around the food stalls.
• Stallholders are responsible for any accidents or injuries to the members of the public caused by their stalls, staff or products.
• Stall holders must have their own public liability insurance with a minimum cover of £2m. AND Food Hygiene Certificate. A copy of the certificates must be enclosed with the booking form and fee. Failure to provide an adequate up to date insurance certificate will prevent you from trading on the day.
• Stall holders must carry out a suitable risk assessment of their stall and those doing cooking of any kind must bring a suitable fire extinguisher. Please bring risk assessment document to the Festival.
• Food Stall holders requiring electricity must provide a PAT certificate for the electrical appliances they are using. This certificate must be provided to the Festival Organiser a minimum of 1 week before the Festival, otherwise the electrical items will not be allowed to connect to the supply.
• Street Food traders requiring electric must supply their own generator.
• Berwick Slow Food cannot be held responsible for loss of trade due to extenuating circumstances over which we have no control e.g poor weather !
• We ask all stallholders to help in publicising the Festival as widely as possible through their own newsletters or websites, and by distributing leaflets (which will be supplied by Berwick Slow Food), at farmers’ markets and the like. Also please “like” us on Facebook and “follow” us on Twitter and Instagram.
• Cancellations must be in writing. If received before 30th July 2019 a full refund (less £20 administration cost) will be returned to the stall holder. After that date fees will only be returned at the discretion of Berwick Slow Food.
• Every stall holder will be guaranteed ONE car/van parking space.
• The Organisers reserve the right to refuse any booking application which it considers may be of detriment to the Festival or if there are too may stands selling similar produce. In such cases the views of all parties will be given full consideration, however the Festival Directors’ decision is final.
Berwick Slow Food